Sunday 1 June 2014

Eek...I'm blogging.

I've read lots of wonderful travel blogs...fantastic photos of incredible places, thoughtful insights into local customs and cultures, and poignant personal stories of intrepid travellers. This isn't one of those blogs.
Truth be told, I'm a little intimidated by the thought of writing a blog at all. The idea of putting it out there for the whole world to read, and the pressure of having to keep it updated was almost too much. But then my dad told me I should blog because mom would want to follow along - know where we've been and what we've done. So I guess I'm blogging.

Cyd and I are lucky enough to have a year off work that started on June 2nd. We spent the better part of June, July and half of August working on the house and preparing for our big adventure, although we did manage to fit in a couple of Yukon adventures before we left Whitehorse. On August 17th we packed our two Jack Russells - Ripley and Gulliver - into our T@b trailer and headed south.

First, we headed to Vancouver where Cyd tackled her first ever half marathon on August 23rd. Yea Cyd! Then down through Washington, Oregon and California before spending time in Utah, Colorado, New Mexico and Arizona. On November 2nd, we fly to Santiago, Chile for 6 months in South America. Plans for South America include lots of great hikes with enough time in between to enjoy beaches, wine tours, and all that  Chile, Argentina, Bolivia, Peru and Ecuador have to offer.

Did I mention the pressure of having to keep the blog updated? We're already in Colorado and I'm just getting started. I'll do my best to get caught up, but please be patient.

We hope to visit some incredible places, although the photos may be mediocre. Don't count on me being too insightful, or the stories that interesting.  I will write about where we've been and what we've done. All on my Nexus 7 tablet. If you want to follow along with mom, please feel free.

2 comments:

  1. YAY a blog! I wanna follow adventures too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done David, glad you jumped into the blogging community. From the posts you have made it sounds like you've already had too much fun. Say Hi to Cyd for us.

    ReplyDelete